Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Well, by hook or by crook I was fishing on the weekend, I couldn't go up the beach as the car is in the shop with a busted gbox.
So I loaded up the courtesy car and headed to Coolum.
Saturday lunchtime I launched at Yaroomba with some big surf and a bigger than normal audience with a heap of sightseers hoping to get a glimpse of that aircraft carrier 300meters long. Well all they got to watch was 4.5 meters of plastic Battleship smashing through a big set before sliding through the ever narrowing channel between the headland and the bommie. any way no film of Saturday except a pic of the 3 Snaps I picked up, 2 x 50 and a 45cm model. Very Tasty.
IMG_1147.JPG

Came in through the surf sideways but happy to stay on in those conditions.
Sunday saw the same scenario, just do it! launched in slightly smaller surf at low tide, they were still breaking over the bommie though. Did the same little slide around the northern end of the it and I was away.
Not a touch all afternoon, was intrigued to see2 big boats trolling around the shoal and surrounds.
Then it was time to come home and Trev, come home I did. have a look at this.

Attachments

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
Ya got some large testicles going out in that surf Dave. Great side surf and brace on the landing.

Can I get some lessons? :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kayakone said:
Ya got some large testicles going out in that surf Dave. Great side surf and brace on he landing.

Can I get some lessons? :lol: :lol:
Close your eyes, ( i am still washing sand out of them),, close your mouth, ( the sand wrecked a perfectly good chewie.) and hold on. :lol:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yes...
Wicked vid mate, great shot of the swell rising
And you pumping into it..
Are you on a prowler?
Did you fashion up the poly 'rod' holders alongside the yak?
Great idea,
Where bouts you store your gear when launching? in the front compartment or in a dry bag on the back?

Nice trio a snaps btw.
Wayno

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wayneedden said:
Are you on a prowler?
Did you fashion up the poly 'rod' holders alongside the yak?
Great idea,
Where bouts you store your gear when launching? in the front compartment or in a dry bag on the back?
HI Wayno, yes prowler Elite 4.5. old faithful
Rod holders are drilled and zip tied to the hatch straps, gives them a bit of flexibility

all gear other than rods is in a drybag it the back, I keep nothing in the hull.
Cheers,
Dave.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.