Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hi Guys, Hit Yaroomba this morning about 6.30. Who do I find in the carpark? Red Greg, nice, a bit of company for the day.
Easy launch, rig up, paddle, drift, paddle , drift. Slow old morning for a while, as the tide rose Greg started slaying the snapper, my plastic worked on a nice 55cm lipper but no snapper. No pickers around either, I was wondering whether my pillies would pull a bite at all when it all happened, spin rod goes off, that's no snapper, I start working on him when the overhead goes off, woohoo, all I could do was hold one while I slowly upped the drag on my tld to slow the other, he eased off so I worked the first one up, a nice 65cm Golden.
My first golden wohoo! fish stowed I pulled the overhead out and started to wind the next to slack line in, then the giant awoke, he was waiting on the bottom for me, Tru-turns well and truly embedded in that big blubbery mouth. I needed plenty of drag to lift him off the bottom, they pull hard those things. Other than jigging up 2 slimeys on a 6/o tru turn gang that was pretty much my morning.
Sorry, forgot to tell you about the wave I picked up over the bommie that deposited me right on the beach where my home made, busted arse, rusty wheels were waiting for me in the dunes or so I thought. Some bastard stole them. Thanks to Greg for coming and letting me use his trolley as well.
Cheers,
Dave.

IMG_1031.JPG

IMG_1029.JPG

Attachments

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
Didya lose another hat? :)

Good fish Dave, and congrats to Greg on the snaps.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yes Sprocket the wave you got to the beach was a nice one, as for my first wave 300m out ,my AI rolled with me in it. Back on and the next wave all the way to the beach good day out fishing with you Dave. Boy the snapper like the zman sp.Bad luck about your cart

Attachments

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Awesome stuff Dave. Those things go hard and that's a pretty good size for eating too.

Depending on the weekends forecast I might be free for a fish at some point. I'll keep ya posted.

Kev

·
Registered
916 Posts
Good fish there Davo' another fish i have not targeted from the yak and im sure they pull hard ,shame man leave some for Salti he seems to have lost the golden touch ,hopefully catch up for another session in about 4 weeks once ive rested the shoulder ............DIP or maybe North Straddie again what you fellas think?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Nice one guys. I was just near you on a stinky charter and we had 4 guys in a line down one side of the boat go down like dominoes to a school of the trevs.

"I'm on!"
"Me too!"
"Me three!"
"What the f*** is going on?? Me too!!!!"

:lol:

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Nice one Dave. Good to see you into some nice fish too Greg.

·
Registered
24 Posts
such big golden trevally looks like a productive day!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.