Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope someone can help me out here ? I have been given a 100mtr hank of YAMASHITA NEW KURO 50kg Line, grey in colour, very soft and little memory, looks to be leader but could also be long line. I have tried looking them up on the net for info but no luck just info on there range of game lures and squid jigs, can someone shed some light on this for me........Cheers Ray

G

·
Sounds more like line than leader to me with colour. Can you take a photo of the spool and I'll try and dig something up for you.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Gotta be a leader in a loop like that. If it was a mainline, in that breaking strain, it would be useless unless you could spool it up under pressure ( ie 10 kg drag minimum ).
I've never heard of anyone running 50kg mainline before, even a tiagra on sunset drag wouldn't do justice to that.

G

·
Yeh it would be a tuna Leader run at about a lenght of about 25m. They do them up to 172kg :shock: be very hard to put any where near that sort of preasure on a fish from a yak

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the help, got the info from another source , its very abrasion resistant so will use as leader / trace on my 7000 and BG90 when I go off the Rocks......Cheers Ray

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.