Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one got something that they have whipped up. I am going to attempt something like the pictures you see below but a bit more basic. I am interested if anyone has anyother setup ideas. I will be putting it on my 6x4 box trailer.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anyone think that this would work? The dividers are about 38cms apart, and only 30cms high which may have to be lengthened. Obviously they would be covered in pool noodles also.

Any comments or suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Looking good mate, but maybe a length of PVC pipe on the bars, before slipping the noodle over

·
Registered
124 Posts
I may be wrong but that looks like flat bar on top of the rack and I'm thinking that over time with the weight of the yaks it may bend them if not supported, maybe weld some 1 inch pipe in place.
just my thoughts.
cheers.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You could be right Heno. It is 3mm thick plate that we use for strengthening fascia before putting up a patio so I think it will take a while before it starts to bend.

Thanks for the idea Dodge. PVC pipe and pool noodles, gotta love em.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Keep it simple I recon. With a third and possibly a fourth yak to be added to the fleet shortly I’ve been thinking about doing something like this also. I cant see why you cant just have a box trailer with some gal pipe on either corner to stop the yak moving side to side. I don’t really see why you have to have a divider between each of them.

If they are all plastic yaks they will hold each other in place ok if they are tied down securely, well mine do on the roof of the car anyway. Or at most you could add a cross beam to the pipes so you could have two and two down laying flat.

At least this way you can still use the trailer for trips to the tip etc without having to remove bits and peaces.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts