Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to Maroon Dam next weekend with the family for a Bass fish off. I'll be using the sx-40's and the baby vibes mentioned throughout this forum however the old timers want to use there bait except the dam charges a small fortune for yabbies etc. Any one got any recommendations on obtaining bait for the folks that want to use it at a reasonable price.

Thanks,
Tony.

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
antsrealm said:
however the old timers want to use there bait except the dam charges a small fortune for yabbies etc. Any one got any recommendations on obtaining bait for the folks that want to use it at a reasonable price.

Thanks,
Tony.
The pie shop at Boonah sells worms [and nice pies] I think mate, and it might be on your way to the dam.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can'f find a pie shop in Boonah???? I found Sugarloaf bakery and they were horrified when I called them up and asked if they sold worms -- :lol:

Have you got a name for this place becuase they didn't know of any pie shops in Boonah and they just suggested the servo ... :?

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
antsrealm said:
I can'f find a pie shop in Boonah???? I found Sugarloaf bakery and they were horrified when I called them up and asked if they sold worms -- :lol:

Have you got a name for this place becuase they didn't know of any pie shops in Boonah and they just suggested the servo ... :?
A very good reason why that didn't work as my geriatric brain named the wrong town, it is actually Rathdowney, I just checked Google Maps, sorry mate :oops:

The shop is on the southern end of the little shopping centre in Collins Street, which runs parallel to the the Mount Lindsay Hwy on your right as you travel from Beaudesert.

Shop sells sandwiches, burgers, pies and worms, using scraps from the shop in the worm farm she told me, when I bought a pie while returning home from Maroon one time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.