Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I haven't posted anything for a while so I thought I would throw in a few pic s of some of my hungry winter bream !!!!!!!!!! Some days better than others. This is my first winter I have really changed tactics and put in as many cold early mornings as I could fit in with kids and work. And it made me realise how many winters I have wasted thinking the bream bite was over . How wrong I was !!!!!!!! :?

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nice work mate, im not having any luck with bream over the last week. Good to see someones catching them ;-)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kraley said:
inspiring - I went for 4 hours on monday without a touch. I was blaming the cold water and then you woke me up to the possibilities.
Thanks mate. And the two things I have put together to find fish is Find the slightly warmer water And find the cloudy water . I have never caught a bream on a lure in crystal clear water !!!!!!!!!! Good luck and don't forget the S FACTOR!!!

·
Registered
484 Posts
My limited experience has been that the deeper water is the place to be for bream in the cold months. If you're in a basin that averages 3m deep, look for the 4m bits and they will often be there. Also, fish slooooow. Slower than slow.

I also noticed the comment above about not catching bream on lures in clear water. IMO clear, still water makes catching them more difficult but going lighter will help. Looong leaders as light as 1.5kg if you need to.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
punchanello said:
My limited experience has been that the deeper water is the place to be for bream in the cold months. If you're in a basin that averages 3m deep, look for the 4m bits and they will often be there. Also, fish slooooow. Slower than slow.

I also noticed the comment above about not catching bream on lures in clear water. IMO clear, still water makes catching them more difficult but going lighter will help. Looong leaders as light as 1.5kg if you need to.
Hi mate thanks for the info . All these bream were taken in no more than 2 foot of water !!!!!!! But u r definitely right when in doubt look for deeper holes , usually our silver friends will b there waiting for my Z MAN lol " I don't mind using 3 or 4 pound Fluro. But I struggle to tie my lures on to 2 pound ex specially my $30 dollar hard bodies !!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gatesy said:
Mate they are some cracking bream. What was the biggest, the last one looks like a HORSE

The place looks pretty familiar but you definitely need a prize for brazing the cold mornings to get out and have a go.

cheers

Gatesy
Thanks gatesy , hopefully you got my pm My brother caught the bottom one the rest r all around 34 Ttf I can't remember exactly how big the bottom one was but yeah it was a horse !!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.