Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
I don't know too much about brands other than Hobie but if I was to buy 3 more kayaks and they were to be for different uses it would go something like this:

Stealth fibreglass of some description, mainly for just paddling for the sake of it...with one lure out the back.
Hobie Adventure Island for the obvious reason of using sail-power to cover greater distances.
A small sik like a Finn Gizmo that I can carry easily and knock around a bit in out of the way freshwater spots (if I'm thinking of the right kayak)

·
Registered
589 Posts
If I was to get another 3 later on I guess whatever is new for Stealth such as pro fisha, an adventure island and maybe a sea kayak for something different and a bunch of new things to learn.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Stealth Evo or ProFisha - would swap now if I wasn't physically unable to paddle long distances without pain.
An AI
A small yak for creeks just in case I got the urge when winds are too strong or seas are too big.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Stealth
Prowler Ultra 4.3
Revo

·
Registered
867 Posts
1: Stealth ProFisha 575 in carbon
2: Stealth ProFisha 475 in carbon
3: Stealth ProFisha 575 in fibreglass

Got love those big fish hatches, the speed, the light weight for the size. Plastic just isn't any fun for me compared to these.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Shadowrunner - check out some pretty good prices on the X-13s at BCF at the moment if you're interested. $999 down from $1499.

Marty

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
AI, not sure how much I'd use it with the weight factor
575 profisha cause they're such a nice ski
I just cant justify the money for those things when I cant catch fish at the moment

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
All of them.

·
Registered
100 Posts
best yak i ever had, and ive owned AI's, stealths, kingfishers, etc.....

a tandem viking tempo with a 3.5hp tohatsu on the back. best moreton bay rig ive ever seen. paddle out or into shallows, and travel miles inside straddie, the pin, and the bay. i used to put 3 kids in and go cockle gathering, crabbing, exploring etc. awesome craft.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I guess I have ticked all my own boxes as I now have all the kayaks that I wanted (needed)

1 Stealth x 2 ( Fisha and Toura )
2 Revo 11
3 OK Venus 11
Consider myself lucky to be in this situation !
Richo.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.