Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping someone can provide me with some help on where to launch on Coombabah creek and if I would be able to park with a trailer as I carry three yaks.
You know the family that yaks together stays together.
Also am wondering if there is a thread for launch sites for all around south east qld

Thanks Tony

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
clarkey said:
At the end of Tarni St.
Here is the above location, and you will find toilets in Tarni about 100m from the waterfront.

IMG_1011.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Otherwise you can go down Torana street (right to the end) - turn right and there is a public boat ramp and a area that is 'soft' for a kayak's underbelly.

Torana Street location gives you closer access to Saltwater Creek and Coomera River. More deep holes and rocky / pilon structures available to the nutters that cast at structure and ask for trouble.

The Tarni St location gives you a location that is closer to the Coombabah Lake area that is a "fish habitat" which is closed off to rec fishers. This area has lots of flats and some smaller feeder creeks, nice spot for flatties and whiting on a good day!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.