Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the past 2 months have been a shocker for me with the dodgy(first time) disc finally coming good 3 weeks ago and a few reports of Queenies going off I was super keen to get out and about. This has all been put on the back burner with a dislocated shoulder diving at softball saturday night putting an end to all my plans. With my birthday coming up my wife is getting me a sounder/gps combo which will now be moth balled till the body is good to go again.
So after years of being relatively injury free playing league,soccer,baseball and alike has my time as a sportsman come to and end with my 39th coming up? It may be only golf and fishing when the body comes good again. This one has been the worst.

Cheers Mal

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Know how you feel. Used to be much more active but with degraded discs at C4 & C5 plus shoulder and lower back problems I am no longer able to do a lot of the stuff I used to, including own a paddle yak. I can paddle long distances if I have to, but I pay for it for the next few weeks.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This one is worrying me about the long term effects it may have. I sucked the insides out of the whistle before they knocked me out to put it back in.

·
Registered
526 Posts
The first dislocation is the worst, hurts like buggery, all I can recomend is getting as much physio time as is possible, as it will help with a better recovery. I was young stupid and couldn't be told with mine (partial dislocation of both shoulders, god bless bush footy) and now can't lift my arms straight out from my side past shoulder height.
Good luck with it, hopefully no surgery is required.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hopefully first is the last,##### it hurt. Will definitely be looking after this one and not rushing into anything that is for sure. I have a check up in a few days to see how it has re-seated.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Feel your pain. 39 this year and downward spiral has commenced. Hernia op, lower back pain, kids infecting me with every bug from school.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Overcome and adapt mate. Just do the best with what you've got. A dislocation from a dodgy dive could affect you at any time. I 've had years (20+) of back issues and am only just sorting them out now at mid 40s. I have a new lease on life.Get a good physio and keep yourself in the best physical shape you can. Sitting on the couch is a sure fire way to get unwell. ;-) Change sports, make decisions based on what you can do at the time. I've just started cycling - probably more about the way lycra feels :twisted: but hey i'm exercising too.
I had a 40yo mate drop dead last week, and it looks like another's wife in her late 30s has lung cancer - we're all still typing so lets not get too morbid about life's speed bumps. Get well soon and get back into it - we only have one shot.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The one certainty is that the fishing won't stop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.