Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leftover beef stir fry from earlier this week (I think......could have been last week)
And rice.

And beer.

Friday is usually whatever-we-can-scrape-up-for-ourselves night.

...and my daughter just came in and offered to heat up a frozen apple pie for me.
Just what I need - more fat bastard training food.
Anyway I said yes. She means well.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Salted and Mongolian-spiced lamb cutlets of the forequarter variety grilled on the Baby Q. Accompanied by grilled potato wedges splashed with garlic and chile oil, corn cob grilled/steamed in soaked covering on said bbq and steamed Chinese broccoli. Washed down with a generic red of the merlot variety.

I can hack it!

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Am batching at present, so just a steak, with mash potato and beans, followed by a small apple pie, a couple of squares of turkish delight chocolate, and a cuppa to complete.

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
Sausage wrapped in the crusty end of white bread.....almost sounds gourmet doesn't it!

Yep, it's Friday afternoon and dinner was just whatever would easily fill the gap, no regard given to taste or nutrition tonight!

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
We were out tonight. Lahmacun (lamb pizza), sucuk pide, iskender then kebab plates at Auburn (Sydney's Turkish quarter), followed by a trip up the road for sour cherry & Turkish coffee dondurma (ice cream), with Turkish coffee.

How do you feel sir? Better.*

*Better get a bucket.

·
Registered
14,293 Posts
Unfortunately, due to the change in ownership of this web site and the lack of response by the owners to my requests to remove my email address from all administrative-level notifications and functionality, I have decided to remove my posts on AKFF. Thank you for the great times, the fantastic learning experiences and the many many fish. If you are desperate for the old content of this particular post, it is available below base64 encoded and bzip2 compressed.

Red.

----

QlpoOTFBWSZTWWEM2YYAABjTgAAQQH8YgD/v3qAwALSDVP0o0eomeKPVMjRhA1TwSnsiJ5EYIGhjCYmTATAAbuOs1w30gEJVHO6+6HsRtQk4Ahry1kPRxXnN72JOX1mbqFitCpNXx7IExhyoBgXr1vb0Rj2mwIOodCUCS9cTWmFOLGEXZiF2YcHJkFo89pUf2jUc6LPqjhjjEtK1L7QJ5bsqdWwVpmhgGhmRwmQntchwGjjWc/BIWIGLvYd75Nk9icnsoQKZEaxN1wP+LuSKcKEgwhmzDA==

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
sbd said:
We were out tonight. Lahmacun (lamb pizza), sucuk pide, iskender then kebab plates at Auburn (Sydney's Turkish quarter), followed by a trip up the road for sour cherry & Turkish coffee dondurma (ice cream), with Turkish coffee.

How do you feel sir? Better.*

*Better get a bucket.
Funny
was telling that exact joke not 5 minutes ago

mr%20creosote meme.jpg

Attachments

G

·
Ham Hock and Bean Soup. Own recipe - different each time. Afterwards, kayaking is more pleasant on a sit-on kayak than a sit-in ;-)

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Friday is often pizza night.
Bread maker dough.
simple sauce from garden tomatoes.
buffalo mozzarella
pepperoni, onion, marinated artichoke hearts, olives (black), floor sweepings, whatever I can muster.

Topped w/ crushed red chiles from the garden and some parm.
Only have to wait 10 more hours.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Friday night down at the local footy club with a $10 chicken schnitzel with chips and salad washed away with a few $3 schooners of mid while the lad plays footy in the rain.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Lamb chops, macaroni chees and salad. Like a taste of home.
Also my first homecooked meal for the week makes it extra tasty.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
What do you think I eat the other six nights?

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Tom Yung Goong, Smoked whole trout, Lobster and Mussels in white wine. Mmmmmmm.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.