Kayak and Fishing Forum banner

what line should i get?

546 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Scott 
#1 ·
hi everyone,

can anyone recommend some line that i could get that is 4lb or alb that is not to expensive and what it is like on the reel.

thanks

G
#8 ·
I have a reel loaded with 6lb Berkley Trilene Transoptic and am very happy with it, testing it on the beach landing a few 50-55cm Australian Salmon in 1-meter conditions. Pound-for-pound, you won't find many better fighters than Australian Salmon.

Berkley's product information
http://berkley-fishing.com.au/product/trilene-transoptic/

Amazon.com reviews
http://www.amazon.com/Berkley-Trilene-Transoptic-Monofilament-Spool/product-reviews/B0036DMURO

A review from someone who sounds like they don't work for Berkley and is not defending a purchase. It includes some points the reviewer doesn't like but he still sounds positive about the line.

It is not a hi-vis line and I am not convinced the colour change is any more than a gimmick but I still like it.

Before sunlight:

In sunlight:

#9 ·
I would go with 4lb Fluro straight through that what I have set up for fed fin caus I fish a lot of clear water but if fishing murky water you can use braids ,it's a persernol thing I like the Fluro cause I don't like knots so I simply tie the lure to fluro line

#11 ·
maybe its not the line then maybe its the bail arm on your reel ,maybe the bearing on the bail arm needs a drop off lube or ,you incorectly wound the line on the spool and thats why its twisting . u tube videos give you the correct way of how to spool fishing line on the reels , most common fault is incorect spooling generates line twists .

#12 ·
billpatt said:
Do you have any problem with line memory Vlad? I have tried using Fluro straight through and found it keeps wanting to twist off the spool when you open the bail arm. That was with Fluro FC so maybe just that brand?
The fluro intended for use as a main line is more limp than the fluro that is intended for leaders. If you ask the tackle shop they should be able to recommend one for a main line. I have used Sunline Reaction FC that i have purchased off ebay in the USA and it is supple and has good knot strength. It starts at 8lb though. The Sunline Finese FC is also OK and starts at 6lb. Again i have purchased it from ebay in the USA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.