Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I'm heading to wallaroo this time next week for the long weekend with the girlfriend. i'll be staying in the North Beach Caravan Park where it looks like there might be a nice beach to launch from. Just wondering if it'd be to far/hard to paddle to the jetty from there it doesn't look far on google maps but i've never kayaked that area before. Does anyone know the do's and don't of the area? i'll be targeting snapper mainly but a few squid couldn't hurt :)

Cheers, Andy.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Howdy Andy. Just spent a week there trying to catch a kingfish. The consensus I got with the jetty was "stay 50m away from any big ship that's docked there". I spent a lot of time quite close to the opposite side of the jetty without being hassled. There was a very big school of average salmon trout resident at the end of it. Take care you don't cross the ferry's path as it arrives or departs. The water surrounding the end of the jetty is 10-12 metres deep if you're thinking of anchoring.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Not really, I was usually throwing plastics around and drifting whole slimies, mainly up and down the south side of the jetty. In the course of doing that I managed a few undersize snapper and one size KGW so if you target those directly you might do alright. Salmon trout were easy to come by.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.