Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi all. Just thought I would post my first report. I took up fishing a couple of years ago and have mainly been fishing port phillip bay.
Today was a beautiful day to fish. Slight breeze that twiddled down to zero and the pinkies were hungry. They took anything you care to throw at them. The majority were undersized but were very lively.
I knew I was in for a busy session when they were hitting the sp as I was setting up, with it just dangling over the side.

I decided to crush the barbs on jighead and the hard bodies. So all the released fish were in good nick. Must have caught about 30 fish over 3.5 hours. Kept a couple for dinner.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
Great report bjfisherman.

A game man crushing barbs. Not sure I'd do it, cause I hardly ever catch anything. :D

I'm sure dinner was sweet!

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Well done mate, think pinkies/squire are the perfect size for the table, I am another who crushes barbs on all hooks and personally think it is easier to pin the fish initially and doubt you lose them any easier for lack of a barb.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.