Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When for a quick paddle this afternoon , All up about a 2 hour sesh for 10 bream all on z mans . started off with a z man in bloodworm colour had about 20 cast with not a touch changed to motor oil and first cast (tap tap bang ) on For my first bream with many more to follow sometimes I wouldn't even need to turn the handle. Just cast near the bank and on the way down crunch . On my travels drifting down the creek I come across a big school of bream feeding on bread that someone from a BBQ had just thrown in the water , I could see them everywhere , there backs comming right up out of the water they sure where hungry so I cast my z man right in the middle of them , watched the braid ( tap tap ) fish on. But it was short lived as it got off , second cast tap on again this time this one come all the way in , about 30 ttt Not too bad. So I cast again , I could still see them everywhere , nothing. Cast after cast lure after lure nothing. One thing is Forsure bream certainly wise up real fast . They r smart , very smart definitely pays to make your first cast count every time :lol:

Here r a few pics no crackers but still good fun

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Unreal mate.
Exact same thing for me today mate, bloodworm, nothing. Change to Motor oil, come home with a nice feed :D

Brendan

·
Registered
23 Posts
my bad mate, i forgot to mention i was in Middle Harbour.
Water was a soup colour, thats why i think they were hitting the motor oils. I tried watermelon and blood worm at 7 pontoons. Changed to motor oil and the next pontoon pulled 3 out.

Brendan

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brenos said:
my bad mate, i forgot to mention i was in Middle Harbour.
Water was a soup colour, thats why i think they were hitting the motor oils. I tried watermelon and blood worm at 7 pontoons. Changed to motor oil and the next pontoon pulled 3 out.

Brendan
Funny u say that the water was like chocolate were I was fishing aswell ( definitely a good lure colour )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.