Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does trolling plastics and hardbodies work for snapper?...im fishing about 4-6 meters of water around shallow reefs in Redcliffe and have been catching them just flicking but I think I could cover more area trolling.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Cav I only just started kayak fishing but ive caught a few flatties trolling in hays inlet just wasnt sure if it would work for snapper.... would luv to pin a big jewy :) Squidley nice set up and a nice fish mate, im gonna be trolling all weekend haha not as easy as you do it but, my best is only a 60cm off the yak on a squidgee wrigler (not trolling), hoping to improve that as the winter kicks in. Tight lines

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I wish I could get a 60cm snap by actively working lures, nice fish WadsYak. By the way, diving minnows with a red head and a white body for trolling snapper is what I've seen around a lot, and used.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All good figured out how to find his reports.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Yes to largish hard body lures trolled fairly slowly. Any lure that you see advertised for Barra likely do well.

Cheers andybear :D :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.