Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would imagine there are already some apps which hook into a sat nav to move you around congestion in "real time" but thats not what i was wondering about.

with morning rush hour on the gateway and the M1 in bris vagas, now starting at 4.30am and afternoon rush hour starting about
11 am :) , it got me thinking.

nearly all these cars i am overtaking in a beautiful manoeveure of lane splitting (legal liam??) have but one occupant.

now could we not have an app (probably with vetted customer pool to keep out the deranged) that communities could use that would "find" people in your area who are doing the same trip at about the same time.

so you go "redcliffe to bris cbd 5.30 am thursday ", enter those details and the app directs you to someone who lives 500 metres away who is doing the same trip.

to encourage said car pooling, after completeing 10 pooled trips you could log on and get 5 % off your next car rego.

got to be cheaper than the multi billion dollar tunnels.

thoughts

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chris, this is what officer plod informed me when he finally caught up :D , $88 for failing to stay within a lane. though ,i believe it is legal in NSW.

currently residing at morumba downs(way north) but will never leave woodridge.(way south) for work. and its been renamed logan central. :)

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
grinner said:
currently residing at morumba downs(way north) but will never leave woodridge.(way south) for work. and its been renamed logan central. :)
I was annoyed when they renamed part of Woodridge to Slacks Creek. Growing up all my mail to my Nan and Pa went to Woodridge and then they up and bloody change it.

Does Woodridge not exist any more at all?

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks ken, excellent

koich, a brief history of logan (named after the tyrant of moreton bay penal settlement, captain patrick logan who was murdered by his own men whilst on an exploratory expedition)

30 years ago the councils of brisbane (biggest city council by land area in the world), gold coast, redlands (where red lives ) had large housing commision suburbs on their outskirts. they thought it might be fun to create a new city , inclusive of all these suburbs and so logan was born.
woodridge got a name for being the highest crime suburb in brisbane and as the council chambers were there, they renamed (5 years ago) the area near the council city hall , logan central. they beautified the area with some choice road side landscaping (which was promptly dug up and sold at local markets)

old woodridge still exists, mainly as a cluster of pawnbrokers, and methadone clinics near the railway station.

we are proud holders of a new record with 14 murders in logan since october 2012, in the same time i believe brisbane city counsil , vastly superior in terms of population recorded only 2 and the gold coast also recorded only 2.

the place is extremely multicultural and we enjoy the rich tapestry of food which bob hawke alluded to . food from many nations
maccas,kfc, from usa
subway from usa
donut king from usa
pizza hut from usa.
gloria jeans from ??
no starbucks yet!!

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Pete you know Moreton is the Logan of north side. D'bay is Woodridge by the sea.

20 years ago I could get to CBD from Reddy in 35 mins peak hour, Woodridge in 45mins, not no more. I like to leave after 8 if I use the Gateway, never good coming home. See you bikey scum getting booked all the time before the servo at the Nudgee turn off. :lol:

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ArWeTherYet said:
Pete you know Moreton is the Logan of north side. D'bay is Woodridge by the sea.

20 years ago I could get to CBD from Reddy in 35 mins peak hour, Woodridge in 45mins, not no more. I like to leave after 8 if I use the Gateway, never good coming home. See you bikey scum getting booked all the time before the servo at the Nudgee turn off. :lol:
thats exactly where he pulled me up

he said i had
driven in the emergency stopping lane (since when arent traffic jams an emergency :D )
failed to indicate when rejoining the traffic
driven down the middle (lane splitting)
failed to indicate when leaving that
driven across that big white striped traffic island mergey thingy at nudgee rd (i didnt know that was classed as double white lines :D )
had a walkman on
failed to stop
bald front tyre (since fixed)
was residing at morrumba downs but my licence still said calamvale (apparently another 22 dollar fine for thatif he was mean)

anyway, he saw the grinners grin and after telling me i owed him 2,500 and 17 points, he just melted away.
i have this trick with cops,
stare at them , deep into their eyes, smile very sweetly and do not avert your gaze. its an old psych trick, works every time, overpower them with your mind.
i was quite shocked he still gave me the 88 buck ticket , i must be slipping.

re D Bay. cant understand why that isnt prime real estate.

re getting beaten up at woodridge.
there is an early warning system.
9 out of 10 muggers will ask you "do you have a smoke"
this is usually followed by a king hit.

re gloria jeans...good grief, eric is correct, owned by church

back to the original topic.

tolls

1 should there be a cbd toll
2 should tolls be reduced during non peak times to encourage people to use the roads then
3 should the tunnels be toll free

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
grinner said:
i have this trick with cops,
stare at them , deep into their eyes, smile very sweetly and do not avert your gaze. its an old psych trick, works every time, overpower them with your mind.
i was quite shocked he still gave me the 88 buck ticket , i must be slipping.
Your Jedi mind trick won't work on me Grinz

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.