·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Peter hope it continues to go well mate in the new job :wink:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Peter,

Firstly congratulations on your graduation. I myself have been in the job for about ten years and I have only a couple of pieces of advice to offer. Cover your A.. always work in pairs and try to get along with your co workers, oh and never pick up anything a prisoner may drop. EG/ soap. Move up to Queensland the Gaols are better up here.

Apart from that good hunting.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Onya Pete, well done mate.. :D

Island Man tells ys true mate. We got lots of ex Victorian screws up here and they all reckon our jails are better. come on up. :D

·
Registered
711 Posts
good onya pete.....all the best

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Best of luck Pete,

No doubt you'll have a few stories to tell whilst fishing. Hopefully the new career path offers stability and prosperity.

Milt,

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys. First day in today on my own so to speak . Interesting is the word i guess :shock:

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Congrats PeterJ, working with people never leaves ya bored IMHO :D

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Make sure you post Peter and tell us all how it went.

John

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, it's been two weeks and at first I felt like a pimple on a bikini models bum.

Mind you what made it more difficult was that I went in to the metal shop without an industries type uniform. The reception was cool to say the least.

Once the guys worked out that I wasn't in there to "spy" in the normal way things started to thaw a bit.
Also we get on the tools a bit , cutting , pressing, welding, etc so they don't see us as lazy sh#ts just sitting in the office ordering people around.(there are enough of them to last a lifetime).

To the point now where i am being talked to by some of the more "quiet" guys in a half respectful way.

It's been a good couple of weeks and of course there have been a few times where things have been rather cool due to actions or inactions of some of the guys, but hey that’s the job.

The goods you get out of it far outweigh the not so goods so far.
:D

·
Registered
14,293 Posts
Unfortunately, due to the change in ownership of this web site and the lack of response by the owners to my requests to remove my email address from all administrative-level notifications and functionality, I have decided to remove my posts on AKFF. Thank you for the great times, the fantastic learning experiences and the many many fish. If you are desperate for the old content of this particular post, it is available below base64 encoded and bzip2 compressed.

Red.

----

QlpoOTFBWSZTWRYI+x4AABdfgAASQKcACIBBWAAv79+gIACQMMEwJgIaMmmA1T9EZTNU09U9MhoaNRvVCA81FPPzXeE68Jts6PecgdhMM7aPvjXohsTmgr1qvw4PzzQx++zxmPze9JRwgvQcHYXfCwD5KkOi4Ea52P213yj+Z+aATIxBMlj7Qcn6I115Q8Y1RsmnI9r+9XqNIpoRV1LIygWbLGUgiOqsv+LuSKcKEgLBH2PA

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Red ,red, red, red :wink:

I've told the timber shop about hairy's exploits and they seem very interested.
However the metal shop is more interested in making roto mold machines , and you know how it goes , one thing just happens to lead to another :roll:
Why ship them somewhere else to mold the yaks:?: :shock:

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Heya Pete,

goodonya maaaaaaaate :D :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts