Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for an afternoon paddle yesterday to test out the new Ultra, and of course took the rods. Had a good session landing a few 36-37cm snaps, and of course got dusted once by a better one.

I returned at dusk only to see a heap of camera flashes going off. When I got closer to the ramp all I could see was photographers lining the Wello Pt boat ramp, shoulder to shoulder apart. I was going to raise the paddle over my head as if I had just won gold at the olympics but thought better off it :lol: .

Asked what they were doing there when I was packing up, and apparently it was the fullest moon of the year last night, and they were all trying to get a picture, so I wished them luck as they moon wasn't coming out from behind the clouds anytime soon, and I drove off.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
They missed the best photo opportunity.

I had a look last night and really didn't think it was all that special, but when I got up for work this morning at stupid o'clock, and glanced at the moon in the pre-dawn light as it was still up, but this time it really did look huge. Maybe was closer to us when it was near setting than when it rose last night.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.