Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
Well I was like a cat on a hot tin roof today, the member for finance aproved my Kayak purchase from the legendary Hairymick. I went round after dropping the kids at school as you do when on holidays.
Yes Mick you where right it got wet today.
I droped home for the rod and some h/b lures. I was back at Toogoom by 12 noon I think the creek is called Beelbi Creek. I first went for a quick paddle. Awesome speed and such ease threw the water. I pulled up back at the beach and was back in the water with one rod and dragging a h/b cheepy behind.
I paddled up stream for about 2klm got a cramp so I pulled up for a strecth and a walk. Return to the water for a paddle against the tide back to the beach, within 2 mins of depature i was on. :eek: :D (See photo attached) I thought at fist I was snagedd then it run. I turned the yak as i lifted the little bream rod high in the air. I had to beach the yak and drop it into the live tank at the front(with a few litres of water). I hooked up twice more :eek: :lol: before the home time.An Estuary Cod about 30cm and another Flathead about 30+ cm but lost it at the yak along with the cheep lure. What a first paddle. If i wasn't hooked before i am NOW.
All my thanks go to Hairymick for showing me the light! 8) :lol:

Attachments

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks squider it is cooking now with some lemon grass and pepper. 8)

· Registered
1,433 Posts
Onya Kris! well done mate. :D its is heartwarming to see my - err your lovely Osprey getting used again. :D :D :D Ripper Lizard mate :D

It would seem we now have a Fraser Coast contingent of AKFF - WOOHOO :D :D

again mate congrats on blooding your lovely boat so soon. looking forward to doing some trips with you soon. :D

· Registered
12,396 Posts
Unfortunately, due to the change in ownership of this web site and the lack of response by the owners to my requests to remove my email address from all administrative-level notifications and functionality, I have decided to remove my posts on AKFF. Thank you for the great times, the fantastic learning experiences and the many many fish. If you are desperate for the old content of this particular post, it is available below base64 encoded and bzip2 compressed.

Red.

----

QlpoOTFBWSZTWXcLE94AAA5XgAASYAMACRAAL+3cICAASIp+kNQ0aekaZkERlM0nqZqepmoYBFCUCZqradVxJ8mSxQ+yoaIzG4wHf6zjN506AX0o8o9TdDFhtwy6KgJE4hMiAti7kinChIO4WJ7w

· Registered
11,115 Posts
Kris a good buy of a proven performer from another local akffer :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.