Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EDIT: NOTE FROM LEFTIEANT

I know that previous discussions on this topic have not gone smoothly. Please - can we please let this post be what it is - Trev mentioning a show that might be of interest to some members.

Even if you are not a subscriber to the Christian faith, you may even find it interesting from a historical perspective.

OK, onto Trev's original post:

Channel 9 in Australia will be premiering 'The Bible' in a double episode Tuesday, July 16, at 9.00pm. The new 10-part docu-drama television series by producers Mark Burnett and Roma Downey is the number one new cable program of 2013 in the USA, where 13 million viewers watched the premiere.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I shudder whenever these Bible story TV shows appear.
I haven't seen one yet that follows the scriptures accurately.
I don't hold much hope for this one either, hope I'm wrong.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
This thread didn't start with any controversy. Can we all please try to prevent it ending in any.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
bildad said:
Lord of The Rings faired no better. It's hard to fit a book that takes hundreds of hours to read into 10 hours of video. There must be compromises I presume.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Ado said:
bildad said:
Lord of The Rings faired no better. It's hard to fit a book that takes hundreds of hours to read into 10 hours of video. There must be compromises I presume.
Twilight and Harry Potter both cut out heaps of important content.

G

·
This is a personal view and not endorsed by the mod team.

Religion is like a penis. It's fine to have one and it's fine to be proud of it. Hell (sorry... poor word choice), it could even be said that the bigger the better. But one doesn't need to whip it out in public and start waving it around... and PLEASE don't try to keep on shoving it down my throat. Can we just get back to talking about random weird stuff and leave the politics and religion alone?

·
Registered
945 Posts
patwah said:
nezevic said:

Religion is like a penis. It's fine to have one and it's fine to be proud of it. Hell (sorry... poor word choice), it could even be said that the bigger the better. But one doesn't need to whip it out in public and start waving it around... and PLEASE don't try to keep on shoving it down my throat. Can we just get back to talking about random weird stuff and leave the politics and religion alone?
I know a bloke with two penises.....
Does he come and go at the same time? :-?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Ado said:
bildad said:
True, but the Lord of The Rings is fiction. ;-)

G

·
patwah said:
nezevic said:

I know a bloke with two penises.....
Do tell. There is a woman in the UK with two vaginas. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... ginas.html

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
koich said:
Can you please take out the word historical Ant?

It implies that it happened.
My brother actually is an hairy man however, explain that h8ers.

Trev, TV is something that I know somewhat more about than I wish to, and I can assure you from the bottom of the heart of a man that has painted the prosthetic nipples off an octogenarian that seeing it on the telly does not necessarily imply factual content.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
bildad said:
Ado said:
bildad said:
True, but the Lord of The Rings is fiction. ;-)
It's as equally plausible as the bible.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.