Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After working out that my old Navman Trackfish 6507 is going to be a hassle to mount on the new Hobie ( and remembering that I hated the crappy C-Map which was the reason I replaced it in the first place?!), I have been doing a bit of research and decide that a nice little Lowrance Elite 4x will do the job for my needs. I have been checking out mounting brackets and stumbled across the Tallon Elite flush mounting bracket which looks pretty cool. I just did a search on the forum but didn't turn up much info on the units. Has anyone got/had one that can provide any feedback on them?
http://www.bcf.com.au/online-store/prod ... 0201#Cross

·
Registered
478 Posts
I think a few guys have them on outbacks from memory.

I wanted to put one on my yak but I didn't have the space for the recess where I wanted it.

Go for it, it'll be nice and neat. I think you'll love it...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks RecFish. I want to try and keep the Gunnels as flush as possible for easy (solo) loading/off-loading on the roof racks. I picked up the sounder from my local BCF today but they did not have the Tallon mount in stock, will order one online tonight.
Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.