Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok recently I decided to purchase a 1000 and 4000 sustain thought I would look around for a decent deal as ive only been back in in brisbane for 12months I havent got a tackleshop I stick soley with all my quotes around bris for these reels ranged from 600 to 750 big chains offering max 5% discount I rang my old tackle shop they knocked 33% off the retail and offered to ship it to me do tackleshops in bris just charge retail and dont give u deals to be loyal customers

·
Registered
206 Posts
Mate - Mo Tackle prices are basically as cheap as they get. I go into my local BCF and they match MO every time - I got about $70 off my Sustain 5000FG.

It all depends where you go and who's there etc - but retailers are hurting at the moment, some are gouging and this is just how they justify their existence at the moment.

Make your dollars work the hardest for you - if they dont work for it take it elsewhere!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I dont know much about Brisbane tackle shops but i know on the Sunshine Coast places like Davos Bait and Tackle have a good customer base. Im not a fan of asking local stores to match online stores such as MO etc depending on a price. If i can buy a reel at $350 online where it would cost $400 at a tackle store i would take the tackle store option everytime....

In the end. i would rather the free advise and person to person interaction compared to online shopping..

On the news a few months back a local shop owner in Brisbane i think it was was totally fed up with people coming in the store, asking for free advise then going online to buy it. In the end they now charge for advise... So for the sake of an extra few $$$$ shop locally..support locals.

also to your point where your old regular tackle shop looked after you better then a different new tackle shop who do not know you. You will find this is everywhere mate. Not just tackle stores. I myself with my business do not give the same discounts to new customers as i do with old long term customers.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess im just to used to the way my old tackleshop treated me in bris just feels like your more of a number and they dont care about the sale or the person as much all good I spoke to them and will just get reels shipped up when I need new ones

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.