Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Offered to take a friends kids (6 year olds) for a fish tomorrow but because I rarely fish landbased I have no idea which Inner West warves are safe, legal and likely to hold fish. Not too particular what, just want to get them a fish, even if its yakas.
Appreciate any ideas
Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
280 Posts
It's outside of the inner west borders, but not much further.
Try the end of Ferry St. Hunters Hill.

There's parking right there (you can see it on google maps easily), and a seawall with a railing. There is also a covered area.
I've seen stonking big bream caught there, and have caught good bream, flatties, tailor and trevally there.
There is also the option of leatherjackets - handline, small sinker, small hook and a small piece of prawn, just cast out a couple of feet.

As I said, might be a bit out of the way, but it's a nice area and doesn't usually have too many people fishing it.

*edit - it has mini Marlin there too - Garfish - plenty of fun on light gear with a really small hook - try size 12.
Berley and bait with bread.

Cheers, Jeff

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks or the response. Will run it past Dad when I go to pick them up. May even keep that in the memory banks for when its blowing too hard for the yak.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.