Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. Salticrak and myself had the pleasure of seeing some small waves when we arrived at doggy beach.
Easy 6am launch although salty hit a couple head on and got wet.
Due East to the reef, blown all the way there by the stiff Westerly, also some choppy wind swell running with us.
We had a pretty good morning considering the rough conditions.
Salti picked up some squire and a nice Cod.
I took home a Pearl Perch, 38cm, and 2 Snapper, 1x 45cm and 1 x 50. also hooked a horse of a grinner he would have been about60-65cm, rock cod, parrot and jigged up some nice slimeys, I was fishing 2 livies, 1 x floater and I down the bottom. Nothing.
Salti had his slimey bitten off on the way in.
We then set off back home and were delighted to see Doggy Beach had a bit of surf and some hot beach babes.
Salti was so kind as to stow my fish in his hatch and then blames me for him getting rolled on the shorey, because they were too heavy!
All in all a an enjoyable day, 8 hours on the water, pretty shagged last night, good company and a few fish.
Cheers,
Dave.

Salti to add some photos shortly

·
Registered
273 Posts
Nice work guys.
Enjoy the pearly mate, tasty as.
Been wanting to get out sunshine reef at some point.
Be nice to hook a coral trout out there.

Good onya salti.
That's a good feed mate
Wanna see some pix eh.
Wayno

·
Registered
188 Posts
salty effort salti!!!! talent always on the beach down here, not hard to pick up when you come in from a fish with a big one and offer the backpacker a free lunch, they never turn it down from what i've herd. but i'm taken so wouldn't know first hand hahah

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
Good result boys in the fishing dept.

So Salti fell over again. Well, well...what a surprise. :lol:

Was it knee high this time? (Fancy blaming a few small fish for the capsize :shock: - you don't hear of Chris or Ant or Rodrocket capsizing with giant fish in board).

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
salticrak said:
It's the cumulative affect Trev, also their mates don't dob them in. ;-)
It's the cumulative effect Salti, Lucky I didn't show them the video of you trying to unhook that spiny red creature you pulled up from the depths :lol:

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
Sprocket said:
salticrak said:
It's the cumulative effect Salti, Lucky I didn't show them the video of you trying to unhook that spiny red creature you pulled up from the depths :lol:
Relax Paully. Promise I won't tell a soul.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

G

·
Sprocket said:
salticrak said:
Show the world Dave. I can see the title now " the mishaps of salti sac". You must have enough footage to make a feature movie by now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
well done lads

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.