Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for late post guys.

The next Sunshine Coast Social Meet will be held this Wednesday night at the Golden Beach Tavern from 6pm. Come and meet a great bunch of people and chat about all things kayak fishing over a beer and maybe dinner. If fine weather we should be in the Alfresco area, but if rainy look for us inside near the main bar.

Hope to see a good crowd.

Cheers

Greg

·
Registered
711 Posts
mate your post looks lonely so i will be there if u bye me a drink, and fix them wheels u tight ass

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well we had a good night as usual with a total of 6 turing up including Joe (JoeJoe), Joel (Imnotoriginal), Damo (Stitcho) and mate Darren, Mark (Bogey) and myself. Chatted about the usual malarky, had a couple of rum n cokes and a great steak sandwich and we were done and dusted by 7:45.

A few sent their apologies including Graham (TheBigGuy), Brian (Paddleparra) and Lee (PCSolutionman).

Looking forward to the next one which will most likely have paramedic Brian (Paddleparra) showing us some first aid techniques for treating wounds etc when out on the briny far from shore and you've cut yourself badly. Something I've been thinking about for a while now. Hope to you see all then.

Cheers

Greg

·
Registered
420 Posts
I am thinking putting a little fact sheet or quick reference guide together specifically for yakkers on the coast with handy hints for controlling bleeds, minor injuries like marine envenomations as well as some suggestions on how to help a fellow yakker who may be incapacitated on their yak. If there are any particular scenarios you can think of let me know and I will do my best to provide useful resolutions.

I have only suffered one real bad day out on the water myself and it started with me pinching my fingers in the hatch of my stealth dislocating two fingers and then suffering sea sickness just after I relocated my fingers in place, taped them then tried to paddle home through some dumpers.

Because I carried a few very basic items I was able to get home. (Without resorting to calling the volunteer marine rescue ).

Cheers

Pp

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.