Kayak and Fishing Forum banner

Sun Glasses

1562 Views 10 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  driftr
Hi, I've been reading here for a while and finally moved near the water so im looking into kayaking a little more serious. :)

I just have a question regarding polarised sun glasses.
Does anyone here use prescription sunnies or do you wear contacts and then normal sunnies?

I also spearfish and usually dont bother with contacts as my eyes arent that bad, but they arent getting any better so i was curious as to what others are doing.

Mods, feel free to move this as i didnt know where else to ask.
THanks

Timm
1 - 3 of 11 Posts
thanks for the response guys.

I work in IT too but its in my blood (damn parents) to wear glasses. I used to have contacts but that was before i spear fished and they were disposable but they were the ones that lasted a month. I think the daily ones would be more suited.
I just thought that maybe wearing contacts out while yaking might dry your eyes out and irritate a little.

I Will look into the spotter range and def have a floating strap.

definately give contacts ago while spearing though so i can see through my cressi mask hehe now the fish better hide!
I checked out the optometrist on the weekend to see whats on offer. I think for now i will go with fitovers they are around $60 but slip over the top of your normal glasses and dont look to much like you're trying to impersonate a fly.

check out http://www.fitovers.com for more info on them.
1 - 3 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.