Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I'm absolutely shattered
Some tool has stolen my olive green hobie quest 13 from the backyard of the villa I'm living in at the moment
There was nothing to look it to so it wasn't locked up like it always was at my house
Please Newcastle Yakkers keep an eye out fr it
It's go a ball mount and has fish lengths written in marker on left side of cockpit
I have posted plenty of pics of it and will do so again when my wife returns from her work overseas( she has computer)
I'm so shattered, I'm looking at the possibility of being made redundant in my job next week and now this

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
Ratbags. I hope they fall of it and drown.

·
Registered
280 Posts
That's just horrible. Keep an eye on Ebay and Gumtree - the culprit(s) are more likely thieves than kayak fishers.

Hope it works out well for you.

·
Registered
280 Posts
koich said:
Jeffen said:
the culprit(s) are more likely thieves than kayak fishers.
They might be kayak fishers now though, so it's honestly worth checking new members in your area...
Fair call, I might be wrong, but my past experience with thieves is that they are too stupid to paddle or work a fishing rod.
(Been robbed, thieves caught, saw the pricks in court. Small sample size of thieving population, but still happy to be opinionated)
Thieves generally steal because they can convert the item into cash or drugs.

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
Low-lifes!~Hope someone spots this and you get it back, probably not likely but there have been some good news stories here in the past so here's hoping.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Jeffen said:
koich said:
Jeffen said:
the culprit(s) are more likely thieves than kayak fishers.
They might be kayak fishers now though, so it's honestly worth checking new members in your area...
Fair call, I might be wrong, but my past experience with thieves is that they are too stupid to paddle or work a fishing rod.
(Been robbed, thieves caught, saw the pricks in court. Small sample size of thieving population, but still happy to be opinionated)
Thieves generally steal because they can convert the item into cash or drugs.
A kayak takes a bit more organisation than you're average junkie can muster. I would be leaning more to a planned thing than an opportunistic grab.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Scumbags. As mentioned by Jeffen keep an eye out in the classifieds etc as I tracked down an outboard like this after 12months. Might also be worth ringing around a few of your local hobie stores as I wouldn't imagine they are flogging to many complete mirage drives without yaks - assuming they weren't nicked as well.

·
Registered
280 Posts
koich said:
A kayak takes a bit more organisation than you're average junkie can muster. I would be leaning more to a planned thing than an opportunistic grab.
That is true. I don't know how easy it was for them to take it - it could be for personal use, honestly, I doubt it - anyway, I don't wish my opinion to distract
from this rotten act and I really hope (as we all do) that BludyMick's Kayak is located and returned pronto!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Occy said:
Bummer Mick real bummer. I appreciate you dont live nearby and its probably not all that practical but I have an old Wavedance Calypso you could borrow for a while if it helps. Good luck tracking it down.
What a nice offer Occy! - Mick, If you accept Occy's offer of him lending you his yak, I'll find a reason (not too difficult) to go fishing up your way and transport it.

Cheers, Jeff.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Some people should have their hands cut off :twisted: :twisted: so they cannot steal again.

Will keep an eye out when on the water in the local area. Where was it stolen from??

You could try putting a post up on the KFDU site as well as there is a local group off yakkers on there, the more eyes the better. Hope you get it back.

Cheers & Beers
Rocky

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks all for your support, very much appreciated
I have contacted police and hit all the local hock shops today
Letterbox dropped the neighbourhoood as well
The guys on the Australian kayak fishers Facebook page are a great help
Keeping an eye out on websites

For every pussbucket their are many wonderful people

Can anyone post on my behalf on KFDU as I'm not. A member
Cheers

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Haven't seen or heard anything yet
A lot of support from the yakking community and its much appreciated

Stippy. Your very right about locking up.

At my house I always had it locked up to a pole with a bike lock. Unfortunately at the moment our good friend has allowed us to stay with her in her villa whilst we rebuild .
Her yard isn't very big and I had the yak out of the way, wrapped up in a tarp. To have it locked would mean it would be in the road.
Lesson learnt
THE HARD WAY
Sorta losing hope now.

I hope the prick who took it gets a large dose of karma
This yak was born from good deeds. The day it was stolen my wife who bought it from me helped give 2vietnamese CP kids the ability to communicate ( they are 11 and 12) I didn't find out about that for a few days as she was consoling me. I'm very proud of her

Thanks again all who have spread the word and keep an eye out for it

·
Registered
35 Posts
Like the pet you'd given up for dead, only to find its way home months later...
Had a very excited call from Bludymick this morning, it appears the low life scum that stole his kayak either got an attack of conscience or got bored with it and returned it to it's rightful owner. Still yet to have a "vet check" to make sure it's ok, but great news anyway.
I can't believe it mate, happy Fathers Day!!

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Bludymick said:
I hope the prick who took it gets a large dose of karma
This yak was born from good deeds. The day it was stolen my wife who bought it from me helped give 2vietnamese CP kids the ability to communicate ( they are 11 and 12) I didn't find out about that for a few days as she was consoling me. I'm very proud of her
Seems like a case of the good deed paying a dividend as hoped for in the quote, a happy outcome.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.