Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Peta Kenchington, a 78 yo granny, who happens to love messing about in the Revo 11.
which I bought last Christmas pressie for myself, and have for the last 6 months had a ball.....but this
all came undone Saturday night, my car was taken for a Joy Ride, with the Revo, mast, paddle on the top,
car found, and returned, police told me that yak was found in CLARK STREET, GARBUTT, but on searching
for many hours the yak, and gear have not been located in the area. If anyone has taken in for safe keeping please inform
the police. It is thought that the yak was thrown off the roof of the car whilst doing 'wheelies' and must have made
a heck of a noise if this is the case, especially if it hit another car parked in the street.
Anyone being offered a 2nd hand Revo 11 Golden Papaya [Bright yellow] WITHOUT it,s Mirage drive, but a sail,mast
fitted with a Binks furler could be offered please do the right thing and inform the police.

Thank you, and thanks to all the people who have helped me over the last v. enjoyable 6 months, the Tville water community have
been HELP personified, and what I have learned from the Forum has been invaluable.

Péta K..

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
Sorry to hear that news, the car stealing situation must be really bad up there. I hope you get some sort of satisfactory resolution to your predicament but, knowing how these things pan out, I wouldn't be too hopeful.

Keep us posted with how you go.

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
Just a thought Peta, have you tried checking out the social media like facebook? I also thought I heard something about a website the council has set up for people to report crime, post photos etc, might be worth a look to see if you can put the word out there...someone would know where it is, it's just a matter of whether they are decent types or not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you everyone for your support, it restores one's belief in humanity...

Yak was return by young couple that had found in on road after hearing the noise it made on contact
with road. Being Hobie I was confident it would survive being shot of the top of the car, and I was right,
one small scratch, the bottom of the hull is covered in Keel Easy which has lots of black scratch marks,
which would have been on actual hull, so that product was worth it's cost.

Will be on water by w/e if I can get right screws for the roof rack, that even survived, and the parts came back
with the yak.

Sad part is the fact that the car was taken [legally correct-"allegedly taken"] for a Joy Ride by young girls, much too young to be out at 1.30pm.

Again thank you for all your support, Townsville has responded amazingly, with strangers asking me If I have 'my canoe' back..lol

Péta K,,
Hobie Revo with Hibiscus decor..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.