Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me AKFF'ers because I have sinned.

I've been a very bad boy...

Yes I've set foot on a stinkboat for the first time in over 12 months. :oops: I went out with a mate on Tuesday (just to learn a few of his secrets for future yakfishing expeditions!) :wink:

Caught a bunch of pilchards on bait jigs (Also caught something BIG on the bait jig that screamed off at 100mph, took 100 metres of 6lb line and then pulled the hooks - kingfish??)

Pulled up at a likely looking spot, livebaited the pilchards and came up tight on this good salmon...it was very solid and put up a great stoush with several spectacular leaps. Took a quick photo and released.

Also caught a 48cm tailor and a MASSIVE Squid (body was 45cm long) which both weren't so lucky 8) and tasted darn good for dinner that night!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Just think how many you would have caught if you where on your yak and not a stink boat

·
Registered
395 Posts
Great ***** Davey.
Gotta love 'em!
Any surface action?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Davey you sinner,

I sin quite often as well, but thats because its so damn cold down here instant shrinkage as soon as you set foot in the bay :shock:

Nice ***** by the way, there fantastic fighters!!!

Maybe I'll post pics next time I sin, not of the shrinkage :? .

Milt,

·
Registered
729 Posts
Nice Salmon Davey.

It certainly caught Rod's attention. It may even bring him out of retirement. :wink:

Regards
Grant

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I second that, RodL get your ass into your yak, I may follow you too!

Milt,

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Interesting to look at salmon pics don't think I've ever seen one that wasn't in fantastic condition as that one of Davey's testifies

·
Registered
711 Posts
we forgive you davey :lol: :lol: just make sure you improve on the size when using the yak :wink:

·
Registered
395 Posts
I don't retire guys, I just hibernate for the winter

Mabe I should change my online name to MangoBear

·
Registered
764 Posts
Re sinning in stinkboats, it's like a few other things in life. It doesn't matter where you get your appetite, just that you come home to eat. (home in this case being your yak).

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Prepare yourself gents for some pictures of sin on Monday. I'm hanging out to give this drop shotting caper a go with plastics in and around the 50m line of Bass Strait :D :p :D

Milt,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts