Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,
i've just started making my kayak cart out of stainless steel, except i havent put a kickstand on yet. I'm just wondering what the kick stand is used for, and whether i need one?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
When I built my cart out of pvc pipe I didn't think I needed a kick stand - but I found out the hard way that I did! I put the yak on the cart, thinking it would right itself, but all it did was put unnecessary stress on one of the joints which subsequently broke - a major pain in the butt because I was on a sandy beach about 400m from the car. Go the stand!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I should be able to add the two pieces on this weekend. Then on monday i will put upp the kick stand.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Looking interesting. I'll be waiting to see how it's coming on.

·
Registered
711 Posts
going well there vuki.... look forward to the finished job

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
finally went down to south coast, wasn't able to get any close ups of the Cart, but i got a pic of it and the yak just before i was about to launch.

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haven't yet put any foam or rubber on, but it isnt damaging the kayak in any way.

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
PeterJ said:
Nice looking cart , now you need to get rid of that sugar scoop paddle and get a decent one .
Hear, hear, agree it makes a monumental difference :wink:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
$15 each for the wheels, the rest my dad got from work.

Will the paddle really make a difference, i thought i was travelling at a reasonable speed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts