Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day again,

Tried an ol favourite spot this arvo that I know hold big fish, but I'm still only getting the little ones.

Caught two on spinnerbaits and had a few follows with the surface lures, unfortunately the storms predicted were a non event and the fish were quite shy.

Anyway heres a few pics, hope I'm not boring you guys.

Cheers, Allan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ash,

It aint that easy mate it's bit of a hike into that spot, no chance of yakking it there until we get some decent rains.

If you ever want to tag along for an evening your quite welcome, it's not yakking but it sure keeps ya fit lol.

I'll probably hit the same spot on thursday or friday evening, gunna have a rest tomorrow night.

Cheers, Allan

· Registered
1,252 Posts
Funda said:
Ash,

It aint that easy mate it's bit of a hike into that spot, no chance of yakking it there until we get some decent rains.

If you ever want to tag along for an evening your quite welcome, it's not yakking but it sure keeps ya fit lol.

I'll probably hit the same spot on thursday or friday evening, gunna have a rest tomorrow night.

Cheers, Allan
How could I refuse an offer like that! I know it's not easy, but once you got the knack I am sure it provides many more rewards! I will seek the leave pass for Thursday night..........I assume it's south side i need to get to?

wether my cod be from a yak or shore, I am not fussed, would prefer yak (really it's what I bought it for.....) but been shore based for years!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ash,

I'll be in touch on here tomorrow evening, will pm you my phone no. and we'll organise it from there.

Let me know how ya go with the leave pass :wink:

Cheers, Allan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ben,

ACT isnt real easy for cod mate, you do have to work hard for them.

I'm getting a bit frustrated with all the little buggers tho, hooked two really nice ones this week but couldnt stay connected......thems the breaks aye!

Cheers, Allan

· Registered
7,771 Posts
Alan , it will be a very cold day in hell before i get bored with fish like that reports like that and photos like that , keep em coming pal, what fantastic looking water.If you put Ash onto a cod , we will hear the whoops and hollers all the way to sydney :lol: :lol:

· Registered
12,396 Posts
Unfortunately, due to the change in ownership of this web site and the lack of response by the owners to my requests to remove my email address from all administrative-level notifications and functionality, I have decided to remove my posts on AKFF. Thank you for the great times, the fantastic learning experiences and the many many fish. If you are desperate for the old content of this particular post, it is available below base64 encoded and bzip2 compressed.

Red.

----

QlpoOTFBWSZTWQ5c6UsAACDfgAASYKcACLSKEAA/7/+wMACtQaqfkyp+qfqMhAD0I009I0GGhkyBkYgxMmhpgamEj1NBqZqYgaA2ppoWxUhlrVORlDKcqFTPHzgNOb6xT1ERq2wfQwjrY5dT7vuZ6PZCtPEhIjJ2EzELfLavjtcqhXXqNapvsvnETomdcgVvhb43M2KXo128p/FPdW4gyhuPKkhYOh2mZhGXmRxo4ULWN8PuHyVTMSQOzEWbE1C5lFBlUKXjpJFrcTj/EDGR3QBqBS2e6L/F3JFOFCQDlzpSwA==

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice pics and report Allan,

Really is a top looking stretch of water mate, your a lucky man to have that kind of fishing/location nearby 8)

I'm still looking to catch my first Cod, but with the nearest Murray Cod water to the Gold Coast being around 4-5 hours away on the QLD/NSW Border, its a once a year type affair. Hopefully this easter will be the one for me 8)

Welcome to the forum mate, its a good bunch of guys we have here. Look forward to seeing more of your pics and reports.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Damn, what a snorefest! Only Joshin :)
Boring, nup. Inspiring, yep. it's been far too long since I caught me a cod. The fresh water is looking more appealing by the day!

· Registered
7,771 Posts
Alan , thats certainly beautiful country you are fishing, would love to see photos of some of the scenary, and keep the posts coming mate , love em

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Scenery pics eh?

Sorry mate but I learned a hard lesson posting pics up with background in them, all of a sudden those nice quiet spots end up with junk everywhere and the meatos with their setlines.

It's a shame really, as I love the fish pics with some background to them.

Cheers, Allan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.