Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi people, I am wanting to put a sounder on my yak, currently the one im looking at is a condor 345c df for 170$, does anyone have anthing neg or pos on this choice ? not sure but I think they are made by Jarvis walker,. any input would be great. also what amp battery do I need to run it as well as some led nav lights. thanks

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hey mate, welcome to the forums.

A search would yield plenty of reviews of sounders suitable for kayaks...pretty good reading and planning material. I personally have no experience with Condor, but have had Lowrance and Garmin. Currently have a Garmin 300c which I bought from BCF for 199 on special. I think that you might be better off spending 199 and getting a Lowrance 4x. That's my .02c. Either way, good luck with the search.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey CHUBBS thanks for the welcome, yep have been doing some homework on sounders and it was a toss up between the echo 100 and the condor, the condor came out on top but now not sure how waterproof it is. I will now be checking out lawerance and garmin, thanks for that. thing that really pisses me off is that when I bought the yak second hand is trhat it is set up for a cuda 300 with mounting already in place, a head unit that works but no wiring or transducer, cant find a second hand one anywhere, ive tried papers like trading post, e bay and gumtree, to buy these new is not worth it.
also thanks you to LAPSE you've solved my light problems, a single white light, battery powered it will be, also the battery size, my choices were 7, 10, 12 and 18 amp, I was actually going for the 18 but now I think I'll downscale to just the 10. any tips on how to keep a battery solidily in place in the hull would also help.
thanks a lot people for your help.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi mate, I've got a 7ah battery and hold it in place with about 6 inches of foam rubber hot glued in a square the battery sits in. Only an issue when I get rolled in the surf. 7ah has thus far lasted me three days sollid fishing and was still going. Have fun

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.