Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your mad enough like me :) I'll be there 930 onwards in a camo Ride 135!

Benny

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you find a small translucent tackle box, its mine!

Had fun riding the waves, besides the small capsize towards the end haha, Bought a Kato fishing bag today after that incident and plan to clip it on. Milkcrate with straps still managed to slip it through.. @#@!! BCF have em on special atm for $70, comes with 4 Large containers, rod holders on the bag too, good buy! - now to build my gears up again!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was a small one indeed, packed full of goodies :/ anyway, Yes reels where in the hatch. Gotta make some rod leashes this week for them.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Good idea to get a feel for the kayak in those waves without any gear - getting rolled in the local shore break when there's a SW blowing can be costly with lost and broken gear as many of the SA members know. Sometimes taking less is more !

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah for sure, it was good fun despite the loss of the plano tackle box which fell through the jocky straps, I actually enjoyed surfing the waves in. Either way I was so suprised how well the kayak handled. Very happy with the purchase! Will make sure everything is properly secured for 'next time' when it may happen unexpectedly. Todays swell looked great on the weather reports! Typical for it to start just after I have five days off and am back to work right?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.