Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday just wondering if anyone has had a go at making any and if so did they work?
I'm having a bit of a go and if they work I'll try them at windy in a couple of months.
Phil

·
Registered
392 Posts
I am making one now. I water tested it yesterday and it needs a weight below the tow point.

I have made several in the 70's and 80's. They need a weight near the bottom beneath the tow point. They swim well and catch mackerel. they have a shimmy action and can be towed quite quickly, or as slow as you like. They were originally developed by fishing club members in Townsville

The late Malcolm Florence developed these further with his hard body lure range.

Ian

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I knew I'd need a weight there I'm just going to drill a hole and put enough weight to get it sinking slowly almost suspending. I'm thinking of the weed bed dwelling yellas getting a good look at it then nailing it. ;-)
I've got about 15 or 20 lures I'm making now but these bibless ones are the ones I'm not sure whether will work how I want them too. But hey that's all part of the fun.
I'm also giving a few jointed lures a crack this time as well.
I got my inspiration from my collection of walures but I'm thinking bigger and deep diving.
Phil

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's not a bad idea CAV I might have to give that idea a bit of thought and try to work that out.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is a pic of the longer jointed lure I made it dives about a metre and is about 80mm long. This has since caught trout and a couple more bass.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
soloyakka85 said:
That's not a bad idea CAV I might have to give that idea a bit of thought and try to work that out.
Some blokes have drilled the timber and araldited an empty .22 cal cartridge with a couple of ball bearings inside, gives both weight and rattle in one hit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.