Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since i now own 2 kayaks i want to be able to use my fishfinder in both kayaks. However i used sellys all clear to silicon it down in the first kayak.

If i cut it out will i be able to remove all the silicon? Is there anything that will help remove the silicon and not destroy the transducer like acetone or something. I wil use a wet mount so i can switch the fishfindr between yaks.

I seached for the forum however didnt come up with much.

Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks mick.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Turps

·
Registered
943 Posts
i simply peeled the all clear from inside the hull then the transducer. All clear is not a really good bonding material making it ideal for this. Use a screw driver to start the edges lifting then keep steady firm pressure on lifting a side and work at it a bit more then it will release cleanly from the plastic hull. No need for any solvents, just some muscle and persistence. Took about ten mins to get my tranny out of the hull.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I havnt pulled it out yet, ill do it tomorrow. If small amounts of al-clear are left on it will it affect the sounders reading? Like give lines on the screen?

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
wilson191 said:
If small amounts of al-clear are left on it will it affect the sounders reading? Like give lines on the screen?
No, but just wash the trannie with turps as well to complete the AC removal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, haven't got a lot of time to look and see if anyone else has mentioned this, but plastercine is way easier than silicone. Make a housing and lay a sheet of plastecine (steal from the kids toybox) over the transducer face (bottom), make sure no bubbles and place inside hull, your good to go, bit of gasket putty to hold it in, easy in, easy out. Cheers :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.