Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
7,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, its happened , i picked up the viking espri on tuesday and i was really looking forward to wetting it , so today , went to picnic point on the georges river at 11.00 am and launched rather nervously, not knowing what to really expect, would she take my 118 kgs or not,,,,, no problem , really sits well in the water, and is stable as a table, tracks really well , although takes a bit of getting used to after the tk1.There were a lot of power boats on the river today , evidentally tuning up for a weekend speedboat race , so had lots of chance to get into a bit of rough stuff, handeled it with real style , this is a great kayak :D :D :D , i am looking forward to getting it into some rougher stuff, it really feels great, heavier than i thought , but a well thought out trolley will fix that, love it , so rang Wendy at Viking to let her know how happy i am, will attempt to add some piccies , but not sure if i can do this :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

· Registered
12,396 Posts
Unfortunately, due to the change in ownership of this web site and the lack of response by the owners to my requests to remove my email address from all administrative-level notifications and functionality, I have decided to remove my posts on AKFF. Thank you for the great times, the fantastic learning experiences and the many many fish. If you are desperate for the old content of this particular post, it is available below base64 encoded and bzip2 compressed.

Red.

----

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

· Registered
11,115 Posts
Good to read your report of the maiden trip Baz, they are a great little yak for the money and hope you get plenty of pleasure from her.

Any problems with your back loading onto you vehicle which I imagine is the real test.

· Registered
7,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi Richo , yeah mate , was a bit of a problem to load , but that was my fault , as i did`nt use the trolley, so half adapted the sea kayak trolley and all went o.k, once i get used to the smaller size and the weight , will be good, i am very happy with my back at the moment ,i think due to the consumption of copius quantities of fish oil capsules, legs still go numb , but thats par for the course. the espri is a great little yak , love it, and it WILL catch fish

· Registered
7,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
would love that Dave, once i have had a bit of time to get some systems organised will send you a pm

· Registered
511 Posts
Yay Baz! Where's the bit about falling off and making a goose of yourself in front of a heap of people? Was that just me then? Fair enough then. Glad the espri has worked out for you, looking foward to the fishing reports.

· Registered
1,628 Posts
Hi Baz, I'm sure you'll get very attached to your Espri. Very versatile craft -- yesterday arvo I was fishing in a tiny creek in my Espri, this morning, with 3 other guys, two in Espris, I had a surf session in my Espri at Castaways Beach. The aim was to practise surf launch and safe return. The Espris handled the surf really well, although we all got rolled on the way back in at least once, pushing the envelope a bit. Enjoy your new boat.

· Registered
168 Posts
Congratulations Baz.
What colour did you get :?:
My Espri was delivered Friday evening cant wait to get it in the water, still need to buy a PFD.
Tight Lines

Ian

· Registered
7,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
congratulations Ian, am sure you will love the espri, mine is sunset colour, and looks pretty good , so good in fact i think it will have to go out again tomorrow, looking forward to hearing about your sea trials on the espri with piccies, good luck mate :D :D :D :D

· Registered
12,396 Posts
Unfortunately, due to the change in ownership of this web site and the lack of response by the owners to my requests to remove my email address from all administrative-level notifications and functionality, I have decided to remove my posts on AKFF. Thank you for the great times, the fantastic learning experiences and the many many fish. If you are desperate for the old content of this particular post, it is available below base64 encoded and bzip2 compressed.

Red.

----

QlpoOTFBWSZTWXJEYAMAABrfgAASQOEAEIEgEIA///6gMAC2yGpkaaU2NU8kepoyDTQVPJoj1HqBppoGTRoGqeKbUZNAABkGgKaORxJ0/IdvIvpuQ2A8bQVQBoxcSEjuIW1BokForbqBiQjj7b3goSYpELszOY7EQorkQK9+Qh6yBNDrPxqpxE3BSPxY0pp8Jw3S5Rn0YNudV4LBc6SN/fMhpmj3OgIkLtaDV4P3glyatLzYJEoBqWk8VUZSQnVoz43iecwoAQKJFY1iK5B+LuSKcKEg5IjABg==

· Registered
168 Posts
Red, as usual spot on.
I dont know what PFD, I have not felt comfortable in any I have tried so far, I will only buy one that feels right.
I have borrowed one for my maiden voyage, hopefully this week depends on the weather and me feeling confident enough to go solo.

Ian

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.