Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i suggested using something as berley (just off the top of my head) and the person i was with told me it was so good, that it is banned as berley in fresh water parts of new zealand.

my question.

what was the grinner referring to and was this person pulling my leg :D

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fascinated about the aniseed but , no, that wasnt what i suggested we try,

my friend was talking about NZ trout i think , but she is often mistaken , so it may be BS. keen to try this stuff now. i'm sure its not banned in oz

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
HAWKEYE3 said:
Barrabundy,

maybe we should try dipping our sps in Ouzo :D :lol: :lol:

Ian
It works better if you drink the Ouzo, the fishing just appears better.

I used aniseed oil on bait as a kid in NZ, I can't remember it making any difference though.

·
Registered
392 Posts
keza said:
HAWKEYE3 said:
Barrabundy,

maybe we should try dipping our sps in Ouzo :D :lol: :lol:

Ian
It works better if you drink the Ouzo, the fishing just appears better.

I used aniseed oil on bait as a kid in NZ, I can't remember it making any difference though.
Update!!!

Take Keza's advice and drink the Ouzo first. Then breathe on the sp

Ian

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
yes twisties indeed.

almost mixed my metaphors and gave the following as a clue

"life is full of .......situations" but i do believe thats the slogan for a small white lolly.

@ scott, i have a dozen redclaw in a tank at the moment and they eat anything (including each other)

@ crag, i dont know how far north redfin extend, not sure if they are in qld, maybe the water is too hot for them.

cheese seems to be a good attractant in many forms.

dont know if anyones posted this yet,

554580_503398573075951_282690237_n.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
HAWKEYE3 said:
When I first came on to the fishing club scene aniseed was banned by the club I had Joined. I do not know if the ban was legislated or not.

Regards

Ian
To my knowledge, it was never law, but you're 100% correct in the fact that clubs and associations such as SQAFCA banned the use of aniseed amongst their members during their own comps.

First I've heard about the twisties though, if this is what is being referred to. I know bread gets lots of species excited, maybe it's the starches that gets them so hungry....

Kev

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Not available here or I'd give it a go.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.