Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stolen from Myamba Pde Surfside. 525 Stacer Runabout.100 HP Mariner Outboard. The son was taking mates surfing to a bommie off pebbly beach,pulled the boat out put on the battery charger,checked tyres, went to get fuel,alls sweet,came back to hook up boat.GONE. Pinched from the the drive way.If you spot it at your local haunts,cream colour,red writing Myamba on the side.Tandem Dunbier Trailer.Ah we'll as Ned. Said "Such Is Life".Still got. The Hobies.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Bummer Robbiew. Was it at least insured?

Any other way for people to identify it if they see it, plates, etc?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey

I live in Surfside too mate.
What day did it go missing
I seen a similar boat to that description out eastlyn yesterday with no plates on the trailer.

Probley not yours but thought I'd let u know

Cam

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks mate went missing Wed.My son owns regionx sea kayaks,we've never had any issues before with kayaks etc there all the time.Once is enough though.It was insured for current market value,about a quarter of what it will take to replace.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Friggin gets my goat. Do people just drive around and go hey look there's a boat in the driveway lets take it?
I'm really sorry to hear that mate, I hope you get it back.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Visited the BBay,police,not much joy there,apparently boats are too easily re-jigged,motors swapped etc.It p'ss me off that some low lifes think that stealing is a perfectly legitimate occupation.My neighbour up the road was robbed of her I-pad phone,hand bag etc while she was asleep in the house on Thurs. night.Maybe better start a vigilante group. Cheers Rob.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Scum

If they brake into my house they will get a surprise and a pill of lead that teavels at 3500fps.

We're abouts in Surfside are u mate ? Pm me if u wish
Just wondering how far all these brake ins are from my house

Cam

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
robbiew said:
Apparently the hull has been discovered in bush behind batemans bay,no trailer, have no more info,We will wait to see what the insurance co. will do.
Did they take the motor and trailer and ditch the hull?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Unfortunately, a sad indictment on our society. It's very annoying that you have to lock & bolt everything down. But if the ....ts get caught and actually go in front of a judge, they'll get a slap on the wrist, etc....The Saudis have got it covered....oh what hand was it that you stole with??? OFF with it...!
Hope you get some better karma in future "robbiew".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.