Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I think it's pretty bad that he'll go down as the greatest coach in origin history. It was a simply a case of turning up for him. That team probably could have had a captain/coach.

I'd love to see him coach an NRL team just so he can prove himself.

·
Registered
526 Posts
koich said:
I think it's pretty bad that he'll go down as the greatest coach in origin history. It was a simply a case of turning up for him. That team probably could have had a captain/coach.

I'd love to see him coach an NRL team just so he can prove himself.
The side was written off at the start of the 2006 series, without a chance of winning a game let alone the series. It was supposed to be a continuation of the Blues domination. 2006 was supposed to be a fluke, and the Blues win back what was rightfully theres in 2007, but Queensland won again. In 2008 the side lost the first game to come back to win the series.
Meninga's roll has been vital, and every single player will testify to that, especially in the first few series when he took a side the Sydney media gave no chance to victory.
Sure he's had assistants, but so has Bellamy, Stuart, and Daley. He has his biggest hurdle in front of him since 2008, we will have to wait and see if he can get the players to rise to the occasion once again.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
you wonder why these guys go out in public.
they are on a hiding to nothing.

my daughter was in a group drinking with quade cooper at the normanby a week ago and a drunk f*wit came up, mouthing off, threw a full glass of beer over quade, who to his credit , didnt react.
but still, the story is "quade involved in another incident"

stay at home and drink fellas.

take a leaf out of stevie milne and lee montoya's book.
much safer partying at home.

btw, i hear tate might be calling it quits after 3 knee reco's and a neck fracture.

there's a fella with 'coaching material' written all over him.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
grinner said:
btw, i hear tate might be calling it quits after 3 knee reco's and a neck fracture.
I don't know how he stays in the team to be honest. I have thought for years he is the most over rated centre in the game. And don't get me started on Thaiday...they are the only two I would change in the Qld line up although next year I think we should bring in some new blood.

Go the Maroons

·
Registered
392 Posts
A media beat up has mislead a lot of the opinions expressed on this forum.

A bit of humble pie needs to be served and consumed.

The media has a lot to answer for in this country regards spin and dramatics.

The truth is out there somewhere.... but is anyone interested?

Ian

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
patwah said:
STREETKID, HAWKEYE3, FATHER MULCAHEY, HONEYCUTT and KLINGER should be BANNed

SACK MENINGA NOW
Oooooh caps, so a nerve was touched Mr Wah

·
Registered
943 Posts
#hire PATWAHKEVINRUDDJULIAGILLARD for the NSW front row and #hirePETERGARRETT as the coach maybe, just maybe you blues might win a series one year.

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
patwah said:
anselmo said:
So, 'Wah, whats with the new obsession with sacks?

Not that there's anything wrong with that ...
Isnt it "LOVEYOURSCROTUMFRIDAY" in Dubtown as well?

"SACKMANGAJACK for his petulance
No we got rid it a while ago
Right after the the furore around the results from "SANDPAPERTOILETPAPERMONDAY"and the ensuing "BAREURASSTHURSDAY" fiasco

That was a PR mistake right from the get go

#SACKCRAZYNAMEDDAYS

P.S. Shouldn't the title now be "Meninga should be Sack-Red"?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.