Kayak and Fishing Forum banner

SA: EOI Team Flanno Kayak Camping overnight

4K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Stealthfisha 
#1 ·
Gday.....EOI for a single overnight camp via kayaks from Myponga down the coast 20klm then back again....

When...not decided

Scope...Prefer leaving on a Friday morning from Myponga...catch some early morning squid....head south to some fishy looking grounds then turn back on dark and camp on northern cove...then bbq and beers then next morning head back out north to Myponga...to and from each location try to stay as a group (squidley this means you hahahaha :lol: ) Total klm minimum will be 40klm

Fishing...Squid...Sambos if in....Snook...SNAPPER!

Water...suggest 10Litres minimum ;-)

Food...that's up to you...im bringing cheese and quince paste to go down with my local red :)

Safety...id suggest you don't go if you need to ask what to take on this topic....but I will request that everyone carry a decent VHF with two days charge like 1500mah or more..lithy batts..no use to you day 2 if you have a flat batt.

Basic Kit and load list....If you cannot carry all that you need for two full days on the water in your own kayak id suggest you borrow a kayak that can store all this gear..

Normal disclaimer applies....you are responsible for you own yak, food, water, clothing, bedding and safety gear.

Id like to do it during good weather possibly in the next 6 weeks...please if you want a comfort fire may I suggest everyone that does go bring around 10kg of wood

HOW CAN ALL THIS FIT? easy!....10kg of wood and 10kg of water tucked right up front on my evo works fine....I have army hootchie for a tent and compact sleeping bag and gortex bivvi...that goes under my seat area....all tackle in the usual spot including anchor...all rods on top....food and all the other crap fit nicely into the dry hatch behind me....Having kokatat clothing helps cause I just take it off and whola! tracksuit underneath for night camp then put it back on in morning........yes the EVOs are reasonably good at storing a lot of gear without making it dangerous so long as you use common sense ....Please do a trial pack prior to this trip and whack it on the water and see how it paddles....you may find its too heavy and not suited or its just right....practice for this event down the local beach etc to see what you can fit where and how to ensure the kayak is safe to paddle if the weather picks up....

Its not all doom and gloom but please think safety first and you will most likely have a good time...I picked myponga beach as it will be a nice safe spot to leave the cars overnight....the location I picked also has safe escape routes along the coast to land your yak in an emergency....

1. Dunnyfromsouthoz
2. Stealthfisha

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.