Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a bit lazy the last month or so (possibly due to cold weather) and havent read any local sa posts.

Thought id ask the question - anyone had any luck recently or is it under wraps?

Michael

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
There have been fish around - south of the breakwater (nuff said) - if you get up early and put in some time. A few KGW last weekend and other desirable species the previous weekend which luckily co-incided with the on-line comp period ;-) . Should be plenty of Salmon Trout about Outer Harbor.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers fellas.

I had heard its a bit tough at the moment but I'm in the same boat as Sean so to speak - every time I "plan" to go out the weather is crap....

Thanks for the heads up Solatree.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Fished Seacliff/Marino Monday morning. Tried burley & gents for some tommies and didn't see a fish. Trolled a YoZuri minnow down along the cliffs & dropped one reasonable snook alongside the kayak. Eventually got one that was 60cm exactly - ended up smoked with warm potato salad that night - yum. (also the world's smallest squid - released!)

It was pretty cool on the water. About 15 degrees water temp now.

cheers
David

·
Registered
781 Posts
I am sure there is plenty of fish around but it is much warmer in front of the fire. :lol:
I will get more motivated when I empty the freezer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.