Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have just installed a Garmin300c sounder onto my Stealth 550 and am really happy with it's performance to date ( one trip!)
I bought this little colour sounder secondhand for $100 from e bay and nhad fun installing it on my boat. I have installed the battery in the aft hatch. This is a little Lithium Ion battery I also found on e bay for $20 and that gives me about 1.5 hours on a ful charge. I twas a bit of guesswork with the battery as weight/ size is an issue.
I am happy to share any other information regarding fitting this, please contact me if I can help.
I have the GPS alongside to quickly enter any marks.
The tackle box you can see in the photo is held down with a couple of loops of bungee cord over two s/s self tappers screwed in to the end of tyhe box.
Holds 3 or 4 lures and a few soft plastics.
Hope this is helpful.
Ps LOVE my Stealth. Had a half dozen kayaks but this is numero uno!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Another happy camper in the Stealth speed world. Probably the fastest of the Stealths. Sensational kit.

Mate we definitely need some trip reports!

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Impressive Shep - looks the goods. And I have the exact same tackle box bought to store tuna sized lures for the north coast expedition next summer !
islandboy said:
Ps LOVE my Stealth. Had a half dozen kayaks but this is numero uno!
Skorgard would be pleased to hear that and to know its gone to a good home !

·
Registered
867 Posts
Nice one islandboy. Any information or ideas you want to share on the installation of your sounder would be appreciated. I have been more than a little chicken about cutting holes in my Fisha 550. If/when I get brave, would be nice to try & get it right.

I agree with Dru about the trip reports too. I'm sure you'll get into some spectacular fishing in your area.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. Happy to talk to people about how i went about it. ( Nothing hard )
Its getting a bit on the cool side here for kayaking so I have bought a dry suit which I have worn for the last two trips BRILLIANT ( Will do a post on this shortly)
Am getting into some hard bodied lure making in preparation for the bluefin season! Will post some stuff about them when I have got some completed.
Andy, looks like Snellings and environs will be the focal point of our tuna trips this year, hopefully we will all have sails that will help us to cover the necessary ground!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.