Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been out for awhile and had lost my motivation. This morning had a bit of a sleep in and made pancakes with my kids. After cleaning up my wife suggested I go fishing. At first I wasn't too interested it was blowing near 25 knots from the north but I talked my self into it I decided to keep it simple just a few lures and one rod. Didn't bother with my net ( big mistake) at the leisurely hour of 10:30 I launched at perry's bend and made my way upstream. It was very quiet so I switched to my favourite lure. I only had two hits all day and I was just drifting along with the wind contemplating my donut when wham my rod buckled over and line spewed off the reel I could feel the familiar head shakes of a school mullaway but had a bit of weight to him. After the first run it just slugged it out straight below my kayak the strong wind made it awkward. Now with no net I didn't know how I was going to land it so I pedalled into the shallows leading him along then tail grabbed him. At 62 cm it's my new PB from the yak

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
Ubolt said:
.... made pancakes with my kids. .......my wife suggested I go fishing. ........wham my rod buckled over and line spewed off the reel I could feel the familiar head shakes of a school mullaway but had a bit of weight to him. ....... At 62 cm it's my new PB from the yak
There are a lot of things to like about this report, including the pancake bit and your wife telling you to go fishing. Good to see you got a good result even it was blowing like crazy from the north.
:)
Cheers
Bob

·
Registered
463 Posts
Ubolt said:
my wife suggested I go fishing.
Where the hell did you find one like that? :shock: :lol:

Good job, hope it keeps you motivated until the warmer weather returns.

Be careful launching with bare feet up there though - there can be sharp stuff in the mud at times.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I know forgot my booties and didn't want to get my good thongs muddy
My wife is pretty awesome She even mows the lawn for me

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah Chris I'm keeping the outback. Just need to find more time around work and family time to get out more. Love catching Mullies just need to crack a bigger one

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah my good thongs. Paid $70 bucks for them. :shock:
They have a bottle opener on the sole.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Ubolt said:
Yeah my good thongs. Paid $70 bucks for them. :shock:
They have a bottle opener on the sole.
Great catch on a crappy winters day!
I am a bit perplexed by the bottle opener on the sole?
Is that so your mates can still open their stubbies even if you have passed out? Bloody thoughtful really!
I can't remember the last time I had the urge to open a bottle with my shoe.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah it's a bit of a gimmick really gotta take your thong off and open your beer with your dirty ole thong sole. But they are bloody comfy and my wife bought them for me as a Christmas present.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.