Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Dennis. Ilove the boats that you sell!
Liz and I were talking about a trip to Brisbane to catch up with some friends and do some fishing . Liz said it would be too dangerous to go and have alook at the latest stealth boats!
If I wanted to troll with any chance of success for mackerel or longtail, what is the best time of the year for that, and what locations seem to be fairly reliable, I remember the land based fishing I did while I lived up in the Pilbara and would just get blown away kayak fishing in those waters, but that IS a long drive to do nothing but fish!( Might have trouble getting that one past the treasurer!)
REGARDS SHEP

·
Registered
826 Posts
Mate,

Decemeber - March on the Gold Coast Trolling for Mackerel you could do alright. March to June for Wahoo ..... For Long tail you would want to head a bit further north - Moffats up to Noosa - they seem to get thick there....

Definately get in contact for when you want to come up.... I ll make sure you have something to paddle, but if you actually want to catch .... i d suggest talking to Clive, Ant, Rod and Chris ....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.