Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Been off island for a few weeks doing various work things .Nice to come home and get on the water.Found a new spot at Emu bay and had a look there friday evening.
dj1.JPG
Went back this morning for almost the same result.
dj2.JPG
Got to get some more berkley Gulps .They love em.

Attachments

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
These cannot be entered in the snapper comp. :D

Consistent result Russell on two days close together. You have cracked the code well and truly. :D

·
Registered
328 Posts
I reckon you might have found yourself a nice spot there Kanga, a very nice haul. :D Without giving much away what is the best way to fish SP for the snaps, do you keep them on the move? Perhaps the fish hadn't realised you had returned to KI and were caught by surprise :shock: I reckon we could see some similar reports coming up.
Cheers
Bob

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Think a bunch of reds that size is close to fishing heaven for the palate.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Nice bunch of snapper, Kanganoe... and some lovely squid! Where were you when the snapper comp was on recently? South Oz only needed a few more fish and you'd have beaten us bananabenders.

Seeing so many snapper, obviously all kept, reminds me that a lot of Queenslanders aren't aware that in this state, the bag limit is four only... and the key words are "in possession." ie if you catch and keep three today, eat possibly one tonight, tomorrow you can catch and keep only two.

Cheers, and great fishing Kanganoe...

Jimbo

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rockster said:
I reckon you might have found yourself a nice spot there Kanga, a very nice haul. :D Without giving much away what is the best way to fish SP for the snaps, do you keep them on the move? Perhaps the fish hadn't realised you had returned to KI and were caught by surprise :shock: I reckon we could see some similar reports coming up.
Cheers
Bob
I have had a bit of luck lately trolling a red and white deep diver close to the bottom and when a snapper is caught ,just drifting around that area with the plastics as near the bottom as possible.There has been quite a few fish in the school so not much skill required but the hardbody is a good way to find a new area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.