Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
They're good chewing. A lot of the stuff they sell as calamari in fish and chip shops is actually cuttlefish....unless that's just another urban myth.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
That's a monster! Well done managing to get that thing landed, I bet there were gallons of ink. Cuttlefish is delicious but it's so good as a bait it never reaches the plate at my place any more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Magic haul there!! The cuttlies are more tender eating than the squid! Looks like you're going to pickle them, should be extra tasty in a few weeks time then. They look like the big ones you catch around Pt Giles jetty on Yorke's?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi guys,the cuttlefish that unusually eat in Italy are delicious but smaller !!!! i will try this size and i will let you know! Usually if are cooked properly these are fantastic!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi guys,the cuttlefish that unusually eat in Italy are delicious but smaller !!!! i will try this size and i will let you know! Usually if are cooked properly these are fantastic!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
That's amazing Claudio.
Come lo cucini di solito....ops sorry guys, i am just asking, how do you cook usually the cuttlefish?
I am really interested in understanding the tecnique you use to catch cuttlefish and squids.

A presto

Matteo

·
Registered
328 Posts
THAT is a monster Claudio, well done. How did you manage to get the squid jag / bait away from it. The smaller ones I have caught really much on the squid jag making it bloody hard to retrieve it. Hope it tastes good.
PS don't forget to save some for bait.
Cheers
Bob

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
That's colossal Claudio! A year's worth of bait (if you stock up with fishing line).

"was a challenge to put it on the kayak!!!!"
Haha - I can only imaging the size of the ink sack.

Gatesey wrote
"Don't anyone tell Mr X about this or he will get spooled again"
The Cuttlefish theme song:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.