Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Day 1 metro beaches
Well its been a while since I've been out in the yak that whole working for a living thing hey. The first of my trips was to the Adelaide metro beaches off the Grange beach I believe starting point was the west lakes inlet pipes targeting squid and testing out the new gopro. Well after a bit of drama getting there I started, using my newly acquired Shimano squid jig's trolling 1 in the rod holder and casting the other expecting/hoping for a great day. After drifting down just past the jetty I had picked up 2 smallish squid one on each rod. I then trolled back up for nothing and decided to head back in. well 2 is better then nothing right.

Day 2 West lakes
Set off from the rowing club heading north targeting the pontoons for bream. Started off throwing a Berkley gulp baby prawn in nuclear chicken and it struck 2nd cast with a small bream at 18cm not a bad start. From there not a bloody thing for 3hrs tried changing retrieves hoping, slow roll, fast, aggressive lifts with long pauses still for no interest. then lure changes ecogear zx, numerous squidgies sizes and models but still nothing. From there headed down to the rowing platform at the southern end for a last ditch effort. And rewarded it was with a solid take and spirited fight on 4lb line (christening a new rod also) from a 29cm salmon trout, soon followed by another of 30cm. These two really put the little combo through its paces but great fun. Still keen to crack the southern black bream code and also the mully situation needs addressing. All in all 2 great outings ( just for being out) and next... Garden island.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Looking at getting a Go Pro sometime before next Summer and just trying to gather info. I have used Movie Maker (Windows) for my very basic attempts at editing footage of my grandaughter with limited success. Anyone else know what is best ?

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Great that you were able to get out - last weekend, and this one too, are bloody windy (and wet ....and cold) to get out. Waiting for a weather window.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.