Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit the water at 7am and paddled up to the Cerberus towing a couple of 10cm hardbodies - one blue and white Frenzy (8ft diver) and a red and white deep diving barrumundi lure (12ft diver).
Caught up with Hoit and Smufsmuggler on the way, but there hadn't yet caught dinner.
Twas a great paddle that yielded very little until I was about to head in, not far out from the marine zone - I got a great strike and the barra HB and landed a 76cm snook. We wrestled for a bit alonside the yak (no landing net) until he fell to my (very small) staysharp blade.
I'm not sure what these things are like to eat over here but will find out tonight. We used to catch them and eat them in Perth.
Anyway, they are out there - hope to get another sometime.
Cheers,
Garry

Attachments

· Registered
543 Posts
Well done Garry. You might want to try one of the Thai fish cake recipes that have been posted recently.

I didn't get a touch today. Hopefully Sunnyside is more productive tomorrow.

Regards
Grant

· Registered
1,681 Posts
goodonya Gary...that's a beaut :D

· Registered
12,396 Posts
Unfortunately, due to the change in ownership of this web site and the lack of response by the owners to my requests to remove my email address from all administrative-level notifications and functionality, I have decided to remove my posts on AKFF. Thank you for the great times, the fantastic learning experiences and the many many fish. If you are desperate for the old content of this particular post, it is available below base64 encoded and bzip2 compressed.

Red.

----

QlpoOTFBWSZTWciHfWEAAAvfgAASQKUAEAKAEAAn794gIABIinlNlAY1GnqPQQiNNRvShtQMgPQQgSLWrdcKZ5NaZY8WIyGFJhJ2jc9bKSgSO6U5usXVk2ZwQDzyZzCEcT3GKFcXckU4UJDIh31h

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.