Kayak and Fishing Forum banner

Redcliffe arvo 1 hour sesh

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  justin83 
#1 ·
Got home this arvo and was toey as for a fish I couldnt wait for the weekend, so I checked willy weather and conditions were pretty good and the tide was on the run out so I put the yak on the ute and made my way down to the beach front. I was in the water by 4.15pm it was a bit choppy but not to windy so I set about my drift about inline with and to the left of the redcliffe jetty breakwall, within 5 mins I had a big thud on the fresh squid and pulled in a squire 32cm, undersize but it got my hopes up. After another 20 mins two more undersize followed both over 30cm but still under the limit, now I was getting a bit worried all were gonna be undersize. I decided to up my hook size and hang a bigger bait on, it was getting alot of touches but nothing spectacular. Then at about 5.10pm something hit and pulled a bit of drag, after it had a bit of a run I pulled it in and to my surprise it was a legal squire (50cm) :eek: . It was starting to get a bit chilly on the pills so I decided to paddle in and try my luck tommorrow.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Congratulations WadsYak.

That's a good sized snapper. Dine well tonight.

#4 ·
Nice fish ! Moved houses a few years back and now I don't get to fish for snapper very often. It's been probably 3 years since my last 50cm+ snapper. I'm getting that snapper fishing itch

#5 ·
Thanks guys, this weekend is looking lush, might have to do a longer session this arvo. Good luck to all hitting the water this weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.