Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately, due to the change in ownership of this web site and the lack of response by the owners to my requests to remove my email address from all administrative-level notifications and functionality, I have decided to remove my posts on AKFF. Thank you for the great times, the fantastic learning experiences and the many many fish. If you are desperate for the old content of this particular post, it is available below base64 encoded and bzip2 compressed.

Red.

----

QlpoOTFBWSZTWcNVA9AAAB3fgAAQQLUACACAXAA/b96gIACEGpkJp6NU9TNJ6hmSeUGqbaFGgaAAAboAbOT5peL/dKwK2cR3RGpiRB8O55lRV12jqzgmz2aRwQOowGOrHOWEcOKrknZYZXsjXjeRQuOq6BVwbvpnuUnX1SrIZRKtI3oKr0iHc2cCCtFuoMMHdlo9bKCvGADj6tCJMg/F3JFOFCQw1UD0AA==

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Gee you don't know what you're missing. All the smell is in the skin, the fillets come off easily, then skin them (really easy too) and voila beautiful firm white flesh. I'd barf too though if they weren't skinned.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi Gee,
We're rigged and ready to hit Depot tomorrow (Tuesday) here's hoping we get a better result than you, Dawnie got a 68cm Snapper there a couple of weeks ago! :D

Les and Dawn.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Big thanks to G for the invite
Stinky pike and wrasse were bit exciting for some one who has only ever caught flat head and a odd tailor.
At one point when G had that possible big snapper on the reef I thought he was gunna dive in and remove the bugger bare hands.
Still would like a snapper or squid but :)
Oh and the dolphins all I seem was a big fin pop up and being from the old country had pictures off jaws chewing on my Pa12. :)

Cam

G

·
Damned dolphins. I was spinning for mulloway from the bank about 9pm a couple of nights ago on a really still, quiet evening. The water was like glass and there was barely a sound. Occasionally mullet would jump in the darkness and ripple at my feet. It was really quite serene. Then all of a sudden the water opened up and exploded 3 feet in front of me, mullet were flying everywhere, and I very nearly shat myself. Then as quick as it happened it was all back to silence again only to hear phoosh, phoosh as a bloody dolphin cruised off up the river. Damned dolphins. You don't even need to be on the water to get the shite scared out of you by them.

Sucks about the lack of fish. Hope you do better next time.

·
Registered
14,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunately, due to the change in ownership of this web site and the lack of response by the owners to my requests to remove my email address from all administrative-level notifications and functionality, I have decided to remove my posts on AKFF. Thank you for the great times, the fantastic learning experiences and the many many fish. If you are desperate for the old content of this particular post, it is available below base64 encoded and bzip2 compressed.

Red.

----

QlpoOTFBWSZTWYCNw3UAACxfgAAQUOWACpWBWAo/7//gMADhUNU/STNTTTIjJHiZQGynlPIGptEpsmUDEGgDIDEGNNBoAZNAZGmhiaMXsUBJwxQ/xG3mNaaZPz13eoDgtM5+z+xqZE60yixEbVqumKP7DoGRlHCRYnh0Ct997SBVlhQs4F+Gn53m/9lbWk3W6qgrPzus3coQUey+et5mzSFjuTI5yC+7aA6xd9mvNsOKazBRZ0aEtZahcyEwu4RrfD+KN4wuI81VLCe/VSK9dqgiOZ+WEtDkoHGZVEDNJC4hmL6clCynPIoJZg02VyZgieOWS6imXND2o5hNs4UFExcHicxRQKoh5UOawmNTL+cYWiJgEoV8KzYv8XckU4UJCAjcN1A=

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Conditions must of been nice out there. I had a red hot think about heading down, the only reason I didn't was the thought of the traffic home on a long weekend.

Shame you didn't land a big red but it's still good to get reefed every now and then. It usually fires me up and makes me determined to land the next one.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Gee, I had thought of Depot for the long weekend but hit Cuttagee, out the front of Moruya and Barlings instead. Will have to write up a full report but managed a feed from each spot including blooding a new rod with a 36cm snapper at home...

back to work tomorrow...

btw, the Barlings kid, aka Mal.com swears by pike as a good feed, but I will have to take his word for it.

Les and Dawn, haven't seen you guys in ages - glad your still out and about on the water.

cheers

John

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
BigGee said:
Target was Snapper, probably still a bit early for them really
They are definitely in close, but from reports around here Depot doesnt seem to be the hot spot this year, with the good numbers on other reefs though it might improve the chance of a trophy fish because the average size thats coming from Depot seems to be bigger than normal

·
Registered
127 Posts
Pike skinned and filleted make good eating.Don't confuse them with snook,an excellent table fish.A boat fisherman threw back three beauties about a metre long at Mossy Point on the weekend.Asked somebody at the ramp what they were and was told" pike,they're no good". Snook are around Down here at the moment as are mega salmon. Cheers Rob.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.